Sunday, January 24, 2016

It has been to cold to paint. So I have been on a short hiatus. Ebay has been good to me lately, I have found a spare carb. and International hood side plates. The carb was a great buy when I got it home I opened it up to find out it had been rebuilt, the out side of the carb looked like it had been sitting in a dirt pile for 20 years. After a bit of  cleaning I realized the dirt and nastiness was dust covered cosmoline, so it is a brand new carb just needs a bath.The hood side plates looked ten times better than the beat up sets I have and they were cheaper than the set I found in Australia. So win win. A few weeks ago my son and I went to the American Truck Historical Society in Kansas city Mo. We went to join the group and to see what type and kind of info they had for my truck. They had a lot more than I expected. They have a whole book on farm and service truck beds and bed designs (no measurements just pictures). They also have a wonderful staff. They were more than helpful finding what I was looking for and they took a liking to my son. I think my sons ego grew five times from visit he is still talking about  wanting to go get cheeseburgers with the girls at ATHS. We had a wonderful time I can't wait to go back and do more research. There library is unbelievably large and a great place to visit. Big thanks to www.aths.org



No comments:

Post a Comment