Sunday, April 3, 2016

Cleaning up the wheels.

I got the compressor hooked up and got it going. It is much quieter than the old single stage that we had. And airs up in a fraction of the time. I was missing a air filter on the compressor and the replacement was hard to get and a little expensive. So I came up with a temporary fix.  My kids got to come out and help too. They both enjoyed using the needle scalier to help me clean the wheel rims. A few friends of mine think I should paint my new compressor and spice it up a little, so I have been entertaining the thought of  using some of the hod rod paint I have and seeing what we come up with. Well we are still looking for pinion bearings and have been entertaining the  thought about turning the pinion housing to fit a larger bearing, just like what I have to do to the front wheels. The pinion sits in it's own carrier so it should not be a extreme thing to fix,



just time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment