Wednesday, September 4, 2019

New rubber.

The rubber guides for the brake rods needed to be replaced. Again a unobtainable part anymore so I am making a new one. One of my friends used to work for a industrial company and was able to get my a piece of a conveyor belt. What he got me was supper close to the old rubber, same thickness and a similar style. My neighbor was nice enough for me to use there scroll saw table to cut it out. Then I just used my belt sander to finish the edges. I had my machine shop punch 5/8 hole in the center then I finished it out with a drimel tool with a small barrel sander. They turned out perfect.

1 comment:

  1. It’s the little details that will make the most difference / excellent job