Monday, November 23, 2015

creating dust!

 I have been working on getting the chassis all strait and smooth for paint. I have been using filler on top of the Epoxy to level out all the pits in the top of the frame and a few dings. I know this is a little more work but I think it will pay off in the long run in looks and keeping it from gathering water on the top of the frame. My kids came out to help me sand on the frame too. Soon I will take the front wheels and hubs down to Hoods Machine to have them turned for new bearings. I don't want to do this but the original bearing size is hard to find or gone. So the easiest way to solve the problem is widen the hub by .075 to fit a slightly bigger race. With that done the bearings will be on the shelf at most parts stores.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

So I have got my frame back from Owens sand blasting in Lebanon Mo. Every thing look great. So I got it home put it in the shop and what does it do, start raining! I rearranged the shop and put up plastic spay booth. So after a few days of rain it cleared up enough to get epoxy on the frame. Now I am going to put a skim coat of body filler on the frame and slick it up a bit. I also got started on my blasting cabinet. I cut a 55gal drum long ways in half. And I am working on how to finish it out.