Saturday, August 8, 2015

motor ready!

Well I got busy lately and finished out the motor, it is ready to run. I took the transmission and put it on a engine stand. I power washed 72 years of dirt off it and found out the top had been repainted black. As I took off the shifter I saw what looked like brand new gears and a really clean housing. I removed the drive gears and bearings. I went to the local auto store and got new bearings for the transmission and as soon as I can I will clean the trans housing and paint it. Then put it all back together. My father and me took my truck from Texas and put it in the frame in the shop. So soon as I can I will strip the chassis pull the spare motor and all the finders and mounts, then have the frame sandblasted, then prep and paint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment