Sunday, September 11, 2016

Okay I have been taking a little bit of time off from the truck, just to relax. So now it is back to work. A couple weeks ago I was contacted by a guy that had a B4 International and he needed a cowl and some other parts to his truck. So I struck a deal with him for some parts I needed that he wasn't going to use. And so last week I decided to go to him with my cowl from my Texas truck and the tie rod. We did some trading and I got a good headlight ring and a reflector for the headlight that was shot out on my original truck. And I got a whole transmission with a transmission brake. So Matt thank you for all you contributed to my restoration and the great trip to Detroit! So I talked my brother in law in to going with me to Detroit and we had a awesome trip no problems. Got there in great time met with Matt swapped parts and stories. Then we took a side trip to The Ford Museum. So thanks again Matt I am sure we will deal again. The trip back was awesome too. We stopped in Indiana for the night and ate at a great steak house called The Library best steak I have had in years! I also talked to a body shop in Bolivar Mo. I am supposed to bring him my fenders to get a quote. Here shortly I will have to get the finders and radiator shell done. I need to start back to work my two year goal has come and gone. I got a little curious after this last trip, just how many miles have I gone for this truck. So I did a real quick total so the trip to New Mexico was around 1750 miles round trip, 900 for the Texas truck, 750 for two trips to Kansas, And 1500 for the trip to Detroit. That is almost 5000 miles. And 3200 of that is just for parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment